What is individual therapy?
Individual therapy is the most common form of counseling. You’ll meet regularly one-on-one with a reliable and relatable therapist to explore your feelings, early life experiences, and any personal difficulties you are currently facing. Individual therapy is a unique process that can support you in the areas of your life where you feel stuck and increase your understanding of the way you engage with the world and with yourself. Deeper self knowledge promotes healing, self-esteem, professional development, and can help you move on from what’s been holding you back.
Is Individual Therapy Right for You?
People often ask themselves whether therapy is right for them. Sometimes others in our lives see the need before we do. At BLOOM WELLNESS CENTER, we believe it’s never too late – or too early – to get support. Here are some of the things that Individual Therapy can help you with:
- Transitions or life changes
- Grief and loss
- Low self-esteem
- Difficulty regulating emotions
- Struggles with interpersonal relationships
- Anger issues
- Financial stress
- Recovery from trauma
- Issues with sex and intimacy
- Working through a midlife crisis
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- Job stress or academic struggles
- Overcoming codependency
- Recurring life issues that are difficult to change
- The need for a safe space to process difficult memories and life experiences
- A desire to work through underlying personal issues that have emerged from couples, group, or family therapy
What to Expect in Individual Therapy
At BLOOM WELLNESS CENTER, we believe the process of meeting weekly for 50 minutes with a therapist can provide tremendous support in one’s journey of self-reflection and understanding to developing better relationships with self and others. With a warm, empathic therapist you can begin to create goals together and work through internal and external conflicts